Sunday, July 24, 2011

Random things

Brian turned 26 this past week! We celebrated his birthday by not waking up early to go exercise, eating his favorite meal, and cake and presents. I wanted to write his name on the cake, but we didn't have any powdered sugar, and the frosting I bought was funfetti, so it had little chunks in it. I improvised with regular table sugar, and the writing turned out...okay.


Brian was also very happy to increase his stores of tools, tape, and ties.

On Tuesday, we were happy to have Emily, Preston, and Lauren come visit. Lauren enjoyed going down the slide in our backyard, and we enjoyed seeing everyone. Lauren took a nap at our house while Brian and I were at work, and while Emily was here, she signed (or received at least) for some flowers for our neighbors. It was a very nice arrangement, but since that day the neighbors have been on vacation and the flowers don't look so nice anymore. I am debating putting the vase on their porch and taking away the note the flower company left saying the flowers were at our house. 

Before


After (even though I watered them!)

We finally got the pink and purple rooms and bathroom painted. The walls look a ton better, but the pink and purple carpets look even worse now that the walls are normal colored.

And to end, here are some pictures of the "Quality Choice" toothbrushes we bought yesterday. Apparently they are so high quality that they couldn't afford to pay someone to proof read the packaging. We now have "muliti-action" toothbrushes!


4 comments:

Emily said...

Darn, if I knew Brian liked tape, I would have gotten him some of that instead of the Idaho spud.

Did you get the toothbrushes at Honks? You should have waited until .88 Tuesday.

Margaret said...

It's not just any tape, Emily. It's special tape for nerdy types (present company excepted, of course.)

Whitney said...

So did you ever end up leaving the flowers on the doorstep? You could leave a note saying something like don't worry we were able to enjoy the beauty of these flowers while they were yet living. Love, your new neighbors :)

Shannon said...

Dude, you guys need to coupon to get free name brand toothbrushes. They'll probably last a lot longer. ;)