For those that don’t know, we have two really big trees at our house. One in the front yard and one in the back. Because they are really big, they have a lot of leaves, little leaves, and it’s fall time now. Here’s what I got to do yesterday afternoon in the freezing cold:
That’s a lot of leaves. Now I want this (we saw an infomercial for it last night after I came in from raking and bagging the leaves):
Bad news, there are still leaves on the front yard tree (pictured above). Worse news, sometime we’ll have to do the same with the backyard tree—haven’t even touched it yet (can’t see any grass anymore).
4 comments:
We know what you are going through!
We have two huge pine trees in the front yard. "Pine Trees!" you might say, "don't they keep their needles?" Well the answer to that is no, they loose a lot of needles and then grow new ones. We have raked the yard a few times to get rid of the needles and pine cones but the trash can is too small to fit everything in. Each week we have to put some of the needles in the can and then wait until next week to put more in. Lots and Lots of fun.
You should have called me--I did absolutely nothing yesterday.
Remember how fun leaves used to be in Mt. Vernon? You should be happy, though--you could live in Wisconsin!
Nice Nathan. I was saying the same thing to Sarah on Saturday about pine trees, but apparently they have the same issue (she already knew the answer).
Janet, you're welcome to come anytime and rake leaves.
Margaret, at least we only have two trees--not fifty like at your house. :-)
Post a Comment