Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ideas please!

For the first (and probably only) time in my life I was told I need to gain weight. I'm not wasting away, but Janet and I do weigh the same now. So, this is where I need some help. I want everyone's ideas on either your favorite high calorie meals, snacks and desserts, or any ideas on how to calorie pack. Comment away, please.

11 comments:

Joanna said...

Carbs!! I did a lot of pretzels, honey nut chex, and muffins and it seemed to do the trick.

Margaret said...

Ice cream.

Janet said...

donuts, blonde brownies, cheesy things, pop tarts, coffee cakes, haagen dazs ice cream, fried anything, peanut butter, candy,trail mix...oh look at this website I found:
http://allwomenstalk.com/high-calorie-food-list-get-fat-fast/

Emily said...

I remember from health class that you should have milkshakes, lots of peanut butter sandwiches, and avocados. Or you could just do like Lauren and have four servings of oatmeal for breakfast. Or like me and have two bowls of Lucky Charms after your bowl of oatmeal.

Christina said...

I enjoyed ritz crackers and cheese with chocolate milk! Salty and sweet all satisfied in one ;) i have a friend that live beef jerky...and another peanut butter on everything and anything!

Little Lisa said...

Well, I will probably be the only one to suggest you eat lots of healthy foods, just lots of them. Lean meats like chicken breast and salmon. And lots of good fats. Avocado, black olives, coconut milk, things like that. You don't want to eat yourself sick and you just need to gain weight--not get fat! Eating good fats won't make you fat. Google "clean mass gain."

Jeff and I are so happy for you and Brian!

Whitney said...

I find adding lots of TV to your eating helps :) Nothing goes better with food than a sedentary lifestyle to gain weight.

Shannon said...

Haha, I agree with Whitney. Fast food late at night will also give you a good head-start.

Lizzy said...

Maybe some rice or pancakes would be good if your tummy is still sensitive. What about some peppermint ice cream or peanut blossom cookies? Was I the person who told you that? I hope it didn't hurt your feelings. You are awesome and pretty as always. This lady told me she loses weight during all of her pregnancies because that's just how her body works. I will never be like that...when that time comes I will probably be as big as a truck.

Megan said...

Apparently I missed something somewhere. So as an addendum to my Christmas card, congratulations! (I think. I'm not very good at reading between the lines.)

My weight gain secret was graduating from college and lots of pasta and wedding cake. I think all of the Cold Cut Combos from Subway helped too. :)

I aggree with the person who said to eat lots of healthy foods that is the best thing to do. That way you stay healthy and your cholesterol isn't through the roof. I think as long as you are healthy you should be fine, just don't go on a diet or run a marathon.

By the way, I'm going to feel really stupid if my assumption is wrong.

Whitney said...

Hey Sarah, you may be past this now but I was talking to a friend and she suggested Muscle Milk protein shake. You can get it at Costco and apparently it is really good with yogurt. I have no idea but there ya go :)