At the Christmas First Presidency Devotional, President Monson spoke on how he reads three things every Christmas: The Christmas story from the New Testament, A Christmas Carol by Dickens, and The Mansion by van Dyke. I remember President Monson talking about this at some devotional at BYU a few years ago also. Since I got my Kindle Fire (thanks Nu Skin) I found both The Mansion and A Christmas Carol available for free, and I decided I would read them since I never had before. They were both great Christmas reads, and it made me miss the big box of Christmas books we always had growing up. I've read a lot of those stories, but there is one that has been my favorite, "The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry. That's my one story that I have to read every Christmas. For everyone's reading pleasure I included a link here.
http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/Gift_of_the_Magi.html
1 comment:
You got a kindle fire from your job? Why do I work at such a lousy place?
Post a Comment