Thursday, December 15, 2011
Merry Christmas to... Us?
Remember the neighbor's flowers that were delivered to us? Well, we have found ourselves in another sticky situation. Last Saturday Brian had to work and I didn't, so he left and I started doing something. After a couple minutes I heard him come in again, and he stuck his head in and said, "Someone left Christmas presents on the porch...for the Hurtado's. I brought them in." He left again and I went out to look at the presents. One was a popcorn tin, the kind with butter, cheese, and caramel. It had a note on it that said, "To Carlos and Vicenta. God Bless. Love Jane." Carlos and Vicenta were the owners before us. That wasn't too big of a deal because I know those popcorn tins are pretty inexpensive. It is the other present that I'm wondering about. It is a gift bag with about 15 of those big fat peppermint sticks, a Christmas book, and a little bag of jacks. The note on that bag said, "For the Saturday 7 pm coro (choir). Love, Jane." Now, I don't know when these were delivered, but this was Saturday already. We don't have any idea who Jane is. We don't have any forwarding address or telephone for the Hurtados. The only thing we have is a keychain from the mechanic where Carlos Hurtado said he was working. And I have doubts about whether he would still be working there anyway. We keep waiting for note or something that says, "We need our peppermint sticks back." If we don't hear anything soon, we'll be the proud owners of many peppermint sticks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Some people say peppermint is good for nausea :).
How close is this "Jane" to the family if she has no idea that they moved?
Post a Comment