Thursday, January 5, 2012

East, West, Hame's Best

Our trip to Wisconsin was fun and relaxing, and the drive to and from was pleasantly uneventful. As fun as it was to be with the Scoresby Family for Christmas, it's always good to get home. And since I've been feeling a little better, I've actually been doing things. I baked bread! I cleaned the refrigerator! (And ew, it was sorely needed.) I went grocery shopping! I sewed! I picked up all the sticks in the yard! I started couponing again!

I've also been doing a little shopping. Janet and I took an outing to Park City. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on who you ask) I only bought one little thing and Janet didn't get anything. However, we stopped at Aunt Kathleen's store in Heber "just to look," and I ended buying this:


It was kind of an impulse buy, but I thought I could use it as a diaper bag. It's not really the style I usually go for, but Janet and I both like it. Yes, that's right, Janet and I like it. In fact, she told me that if I have second thoughts about using it as a diaper bag, I could give it to her.

And this is some fabric I bought to make a valance for the room where a special little someone will be sleeping. I wanted the valance to be gender neutral, and I think this fabric will work well. Once I finish it, the final project will end up on the Sew Scoresby blog, as long as it turns out well.


2 comments:

Emily said...

what the heck does the title mean?

Megan said...

I strongly approve of the bag. :) Prints are always fun.