Thursday, April 12, 2012

Catching Up

I've been running kind of low on blogging material, but I have a few pictures of things we've been up to lately.

I may be 25 years old, but I still love to dye Easter eggs. Since there are only two of us, I didn't want to waste eggs, so I only cooked six, and we dyed three each.
I don't know if Brian really likes doing this, but I make him do it anyway.

The finished eggs! Thanks to Brian for making the  token brown/green egg that shows up every year. Although this picture makes the purple one look pretty ugly.
I bought some strawberries that were on a pretty good sale. After consulting with Mom, I made some strawberry jam. This was the first time I've done any canning on my own, and I'm happy to report that I finished without any major issues. Most of the bottles sealed as I was taking them out of the water bather, and I'm pretty certain the jam set up. The only problem is that the pint bottles of jam all separated, so it looks like half a jar of jam and half a jar of jelly. But there's nothing wrong with that, right Mom? Six pounds of strawberries made nine pints and this little jar.



I'm also happy that my brackets won in both the pools I did, the Scoresby one (yes, I tied with Ben J), and Brian's old roommates and wives. Do Ben J and I get to split a piece of gum for the prize?

My sewing machine and I took a little break from each other, but I pulled it out yesterday to make this project. 
I promise it's the same circumference at the top and bottom; it just looks narrower at the bottom.
I overestimated the amount of vinyl I needed, so I have enough to make like 10 more. The tutorial is from Make It-Love It, and her bags look better than mine, perhaps due to my lack of photography skills.

And in case you are in need of a good laugh, and you have seen an episode of Toddlers & Tiaras, I found this YouTube video pretty funny (so did Mom and Dad.)

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Good job on the jam, Sarah.

Whitney said...

Awww don't be a Hooch. Hooch is a bad dog. hahahahaha That is great. And great job on the toy bag. That is pretty cool.

Shannon said...

Don't worry, you'll have more than enough to blog about for the rest of your life in about a month or so. :)

Nathan S. said...

There is nothing wrong with two adults dying Easter eggs. We dyed eggs this year too! We then put them in Courtney's parent's chicken coop and they thought that something was wrong with their chickens!