Thursday, August 9, 2012

Olympic Fare

I had a whole menu of Olympic meals planned out, but due to a few things (the dairy elimination diet, not wanting to use the oven in the 97 degree heat, and having Camille around) I didn't get all the things made I wanted. But here is what I've done so far:

Olympic Rings Pizza

Bangers and Mash
The bangers are sausages and the mash is...mashed potatoes. The  salad is my addition since none of these meals seem to have many vegetables.

Cornish Pastie
This was surprisingly not very good. But I learned all about the history of the pastie (pronounced pass-tee) while I looked at recipes. And this isn't authentic since I used carrot instead of rutabaga.
I also wanted to do fish and chips, cottage pie (fun fact: shepherd's pie is made with veal, cottage pie with beef), Yorkshire pudding, a whole slew of English desserts, and a day of Michael Phelps' diet, but those meals haven't gotten made.

And for those of you here for pictures of Camille, here you go.



5 comments:

Emily said...

Man, I wish we were neighbors. Mostly for the food, but also for the baby. I like the picture of Cami sleeping.

Question: Why do you have the crib mattress so low? Is it not adjustable?

Sarah said...

That's as high as it goes. I think the angle of the picture makes it look low.

Jenae said...

I love the pizza.

Joanna said...

Your plate's look familiar . . . .

I wish we were neighbors so you could train Russell to sleep in the crib.

Joanna said...

That is horrible grammar. I mean plates, no apostrophe.