So, for young men’s next week, the boys wanted to play ultimate frisbee. The biggest field nearby is over at the stake center, where there’s also a pavilion. The young man in charge tasked me with reserving the field. So, I went to the
calendar tool on lds.org, found that there was a listing for the stake center pavilion, and sent an email to the three people listed as being in charge of reserving it. Here’s our email conversation, with locations removed, for our own privacy. Keep in mind two things: the grass field I’m trying to reserve is almost 3 acres and is on the same lot as the stake center.
ME:
I am checking to see if the grass field next to the pavilion at the stake center is available on Wednesday August 22nd, from 7pm-9pm. We need a field to play some games with the YM that night.
RESPONSE:
No one has reserved the "grass" by the pavilion with me....nor have they reserved the Pavilion for Aug. 22. I didn't know there was grass by the Pavilion. I'm a little confused by your message. What I think of as the Pavilion is not next to the _____ Stake Center building. When you say "at the Stake Center" do you mean by the Pavilion itself or by the Stake Center Building? Do you want to reserve the Pavilion and just use the grass?
ME (at this point, I’m wondering how they don’t know about the grass field at the stake center—it’s huge):
I'm referring to the large fenced-in grass field directly north of the stake center (separated only by part of the parking lot). I wouldn't need to use the pavilion...just part of the field.
RESPONSE:
The ______ Stake Center is NOT next to the Pavilion. There are two chapels near the Pavilion, neither of which is a stake center. Go ahead and use the grass area. I have no way to reserve the grass area for you or anyone else. IF someone else is using it, you'll have to solve the problem.
ME (now I’m really confused at what’s going on here):
Where is the stake pavilion located? I assumed that it was located next to the stake center. Maybe I'm confusing it with a different pavilion. I'm thinking of this <grass field>(link removed to google maps). How would I go about reserving that field?
RESPONSE:
The address for that grass field is in Provo, UT. I live in ______ Stake in St. George, UT. I think that is our problem. What Stake do you live in? Try them. :-) Nice visiting with you.
Ha! That would have been quite the drive to go play frisbee. Kind of funny how our stakes have the same name...and how I got contact information for them.
1 comment:
Haha, Brian! You need to move farther out in the real world. We never have problems involving the stake pavilion :)
Post a Comment