Sunday, May 26, 2013

We went camping

Taking Camille camping was an adventure. We didn't want to pay to go to a campground. It gets really expensive. In Utah, you can camp on any National Forest/BLM land for free, so we decided to rough it and do dispersed camping. We camped at a spot up the Hobble Creek Canyon side of Squaw Peak Road. It was beautiful, and it was cold. We took the pack'n'play both to contain Camille when we were around the campfire, and to put her to sleep in it. It was great for containment purposes, but she ended up sleeping with me in my sleeping bag. It was cold. Sharing a sleeping bag with a baby doesn't allow for a good night's sleep. Despite that, we enjoyed it, and hopefully we can go a few more times this summer when it's warmer at night.


This was after the first attempt to get her to sleep.

Family photo...where none of us are looking.

Camille really, really liked my Camelbak. She tried to drink from it every time she saw it, even when we were back at home and I was drying it out.

Waiting to eat breakfast

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I would not want to have passed my hatred of camping on to you.

Joanna said...

If Camille sleeping in your sleeping bag was the worst part of camping, I'd call that a success. Ben is taking Russell on the Father Son camp out Friday night. I'm going to enjoy a night all by myself.