Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Chair that Brian Built

I saw this little chair on Pinterest. It looked easy enough to make, and Brian and I both thought that Camille would most likely love it. Brian agreed make it, and he got to buy a jig saw since the only saws he has are a chainsaw and a hack saw.



I think he did a pretty good job, and Camille does like it. We sized the pattern up 150% so it would fit her longer, and it ended up more like a bench, which is fine. We decided to stain it instead of painting it, but neither of us had ever really stained any wood furniture. After Brian stained it, it looked exactly the same as it did before. From my research, we need to put a coat of polyurethane on it? We haven't done that yet. By we, I mean Brian since I'm pregnant and don't want to be around that stuff.


I'm planning on making a cushion to go on it, which will raise the seat and make it a little more comfy for her. It's going to go in her big girl room by these gutter bookshelves so she has a little reading area.


Brian enjoyed making it so much that he has some other projects in mind to use his saw.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Very nice, Brian. Your Grandpa would be proud.

Emily said...

Cool chair. Camille looks like a funny kid.

Janet said...

Jacob thinks that's cool. I do too.