Friday, March 7, 2014

Keeping It Real

My last few blog posts make me look a little like supermom. Lest you think I always spend my time sewing quilts and making gourmet meals while Camille reads books and quietly nurtures her baby doll, let me keep it real for you. It's long, so read at your own risk.

Camille woke up at 1:30 am. I've been exhausted lately, plus I've had contractions every evening, so normally I would have Brian take care of her if she didn't go back to sleep on her own. Brian is in Las Vegas still, so I got up. Long story short, she slept for a total of two more hours during the night, and I tossed and turned for a couple more hours.

I got us presentable and took Camille to playgroup in the morning. After an hour of her avoiding all the other kids, she realized that if she said she had to go to the bathroom, I would take her away from playgroup to the bathroom where she could have my undivided attention. After three false alarms of crying potty, she starting melting down, so we left.

She refused to take a nap like she has been doing the past week. There is seriously no way to make her sleep. When she started dismantling her room instead of having quiet time I intervened, and she said she had to go potty again. She didn't go yet again, but she did get her wish and got out of her room.

Camille proceeded to have three accidents over the course of the afternoon/evening. I'm attributing it to the fact that she was beyond tired, but I know it is just an excuse to make me feel better.

I tried to get her ready to go to the grocery store because we basically have no food in the house, but she fought it, and I was too tired to try and drag a fighting, peeing toddler all through the store anyway. She basically was only happy if she was watching Curious George except for when she took a break to throw blocks at me.

I was tempted to order pizza for dinner, but it's expensive, especially for delivery. Instead I dug out the frozen piroshki I was saving for when I have the baby. They were dry, and Camille just ate the bread part and let the filling fall all over the chair she had previously peed on.

I wanted to give her a bath, but she just screamed and tried to climb out of the bath tub. She went to bed at 5:50.

Well, that was therapeutic. I want to just eat a half gallon of peanut butter cup ice cream from the Creamery while I buy things online, but I was asked to teach Gospel Doctrine on Sunday and I need to prepare for that. Plus I don't have any ice cream, or donuts, cake, cookies, brownies, or anything else that sounds good. And we try and save our money. It's days like this that I get tired of being a responsible, independent (interdependent with Brian, independent of parents/others) adult.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad day. Just think--Brian will be home soon.

Preston said...

Don't worry, I never thought you were supermom. But I do think Camille is superbaby.

I think it's healthy to go ahead and order pizza every now and then, just to take some pressure off yourself.

I'm dying to know - what time did Camille wake up today?

Preston said...

Preston = Emily, by the way.

Sarah said...

She woke up at 7 and was happy as can be. I was happy to because 7 is later than she usually sleeps.

Sarah said...

*too

Nathan S. said...

Oh, man! You must be exhausted. Motherhood is the toughest calling of them all. It's refreshing to hear such honesty. :) I hope you have a few good days to store up your energy again. I bet you're an awesome mom!

Nathan S. said...

p.s. The previous comment is from Courtney. I thought I was logged into my account, oops. Although, Nathan said he agrees with my comment. :)

Joanna said...

I hope our chat gave you a nice break. And, when it has been a long hard day and I'm grocery shopping, I usually buy a six buck pizza from Aldi for dinner. It works great.