I'm compiling a list of 30 books to read before I turn 30. Suggestions are welcome. So far I have a small list of books I feel like I should have read but for some reason I haven't:
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
and this one to finish out the series:
The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma
What else should I include?
3 comments:
You're not 30 yet? Weird. The following are not necessarily classics, just books that I liked a lot. I obviously don't know if you've read them, but just in case you missed out.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
These is My Words
The Narnia Series
Christy (My favorite book from my young adult years)
The Robe and Magnificent Obsession
The Scarlet Pimpernel
The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
Far From the Madding Crowd
And Then There Were None
any Kate Morton book, but especially The Forgotten Garden
Some young adult books that I really liked:
Hattie Big Sky
Book of a Thousand Days
The Penderwicks Series
Some books that I have not read and feel like I should:
Rebecca
Lolita
I second quite a few of Emily's. And I want to read Rebecca, too. I really like Thomas Hardy, even though most people don't.
The Bell Jar is a supposed must read for twenty years girls. Don't read it. It's terrible.
My list includes North and South, A Lantern in Her Hand, and the Count of Monte Cristo.
The book that Im most glad that I read was 'The Agony and the Extacy' by irving stone. I also think 'Walden' by HDT was a particularly insightful book. Lastly, Im glad that I read 'Born to Run' by Christopher MacDougall. Perhaps it is because I enjoy running but there are many cultural points that hemakes that I think about.
Post a Comment