Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Little Adventures

Our biggest adventure the past month has been moving into our new house. To keep myself sane (or perhaps trying to do these things has made me insane?), I've been trying to do some other fun things.

We went camping. We went to a little campground that's only 10 minutes away. We had some rain and thunder and lightning while we were camping, but we stayed dry and safe.

The park is along the banks of the Missouri River. There are some trails through the woods that I took the kids on. They liked throwing rocks into the river.



Owen didn't appreciate roasting marshmallows. He preferred to just shove a mallow in and run around with it until it dissolved.


Like Janet, we went to the zoo. I took the kids on a Friday morning when the "moonbeams" group from the branch went for z day. This was when one of the ladies told me she thought I was joking about Owen being too wild for things like story time, but now she saw that I wasn't joking.


A lot of the animals were still in their winter cages, so we didn't get to see tons of animals.
My kids loved the monkeys. 


And Owen is rocking his glasses. He hasn't been crossing his eye in since we got them, so that's good. He has been pretty good about wearing them, to the point of wanting to sleep with them on. This morning he hasn't wanted to wear them, and I've let him have a little break. They are a little too big, so they tend to fall off, and they magnify his eyes. I feel bad for him, but I'm staying positive so he continues to like his glasses




2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who are wild. Owen is pretty cute in his glasses.

Joanna said...

Ya, I am very hesitant every time I attempt going to the library. I wish the weather would be nicer so fewer people would go to the library and we could have it to ourselves. Meghan sang "E-I-E-I-O" loudly while I was trying to get my one book.