On Native American Day (Columbus Day for you who aren't lucky enough to live in a state where there are a significant number of indigenous peoples), Brian had the day off(!), so we worked on some projects.
First, this child card table and chairs. When the people cleaned out the house next door in preparation for selling it, they kept bringing over junk and asking if we wanted it. Trying to be nice, I accepted way more than I should have. This was one of the things. It was already in bad shape, and then leaving it outside for a few months made it worse. I don't have before pictures of it, but everything was rusty and the hard board on the table was all warped from getting wet. I sanded everything and Brian spray painted it. He didn't tell me until after that he had never spray painted anything...
The green chair is going to need some work. It didn't cover well, and it got all gloppy. Brian wants a redo now that he learned better spray paint technique.
I still need to get some vinyl for the table top and we need to decide whether to try and replace the hardboard. It is still warped, but covering it with vinyl and padding may hide that. I will also put some padding and vinyl on the chair seats. Brian wants to get two more chairs. Too bad I gave away 7 child-sized folding chairs in Provo.
The other project is Owen's toddler bed. We've been pondering how to rearrange kids, and in all situations, Owen would need a new bed to free up the crib. Someone was selling this toddler bed frame and mattress for $5 because it had some rust spots and needed some work. I just sanded it along with the table and chairs, and Brian painted it.
It worked out pretty well for $5 and a can of paint. Luckily the blue paint looks really nice. Owen likes it, although he fell out last night.
I finished another project that I blogged about over on the sewing blog.



2 comments:
I did that with a card tile I got at a garage sale this summer. It's definitely been worth it and I like how it looks.
We found an all metal card table at Savers and spray painted it. I love it!
Post a Comment