Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Okay, here is the real letter. I'm doing well here. The Spanish is coming along slowly. Tomorrow we are going to have an ayuno de Ingles (a fast of English), so it might be kind of quiet since I can't say that much in Spanish. It helps that my zone is all intermediate or advanced speakers, so I can hear real Spanish a lot. I can understand mostly eveything, but I can't answer back. I can definitely tell that I have the Spirit when I learn because I never learned this well in school. Maybe I just know it's important now.

Hermana Briney and I taught in the TRC last week, and this week we are teaching again. I have learned a lot about how to really teach by the Spirit and teach about the Restored gospel. This week we are focusing on learning the investigators needs and teaching to them. We made our lesson plan and it's going to be great. My teachers are good. They have taught a lot about not only Spanish and how to teach, but what our calling is as missionaries. I hope when I go to Peru that the teaching will be the same. I'm glad that I'm not going to be here for 9 weeks, and I hope it will help my Spanish. One Elder in my district is going to the Peru MTC with me, and it says in our papers that there are 12 in our travel group, so there could be a lot of us going.

We got to go to the temple again today, and I enjoyed it. As we were leaving a lady asked where I was going and she was so happy when I told her. She served in Peru 25 years ago, and she said she thought they didn't send North American sisters there anymore. Her mission president is the mission president in the Peru MTC, so she told me to say hi for her. That was exciting for me. I also got my watch which I left at the temple last week.

I am really happy to be serving the Lord and teaching the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ to the people in Peru.

Thanks for sending me that stuff Mom. I also got a package from the Murrays, and I'm sending them a thank you card. We took pictures with the district and my roommates at the temple Sunday, so when I get them develeoped I'll send them.
Thanks for your love and support.
Love,
Sarah

No comments: