Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dear Family,
Today is my last day in the MTC. I'm so excited to go to Peru! I'm a little worried about the language, but I can usually understand Spanish, so that's good. I just might not be able to say anything back. I've spent the day getting ready to go. I am doing my laundry now, and I got my hair cut earlier today. I also went to the Provo temple for the last time. I am excited to go to the Peru temple. There is an elder in my district that is also going to the Peru MTC, so we're leaving our district of five to be a district of three. My poor companion isn't going to have a companion in her district. She will have to be escorted by elders everywhere.

In class we have had really good lessons about bautismo, spiritual laws, and other stuff. We have also reviewed Spanish grammar through past subjunctive, which is as far as we got in five years of spanish at MTV. I've been so blessed to be able to remember so much of what I have learned. It's been a blessing to be in a zone with Native/advanced Spanish speakers because I get to hear it so much more, and they help us intermediates with our bad grammar and pronunciation.
Our last TRC visit was great. We taught the first discussion to a family that had seen the Restoration video, and it went really well. Of course, the volunteers are always the most golden investigators, but it still went really well. My teaching has gotten a lot better through the past weeks. Hermana Briney and I are especially good at the first discussion.

I don't know anything about the Peru MTC, so I'll email or write whenever my P-day is. Thanks for everyone's love and support.
Love,
Sarah

No comments: