Dear Family,
Buen Provecho! We just had lunch, and I ate so much food. I ate pan, arroz, frijoles, pollo frito, ensalada, y pastel all in generous servings. They are going to have to roll me up the ramp and out the gate when I go to my mission.
Last night, we had a little testimony meeting with the Latina hermanas as two of them were preparing to receive their endowments. It was really nice even though I couldn't say everything I wanted. Even though some of the hermanas come from different backgrounds, they all expressed the same testimony of the importance and sacredness of the temple.
My classes are good. The teachers speak super slow and simple because now I'm with people who hadn't heard a word of Spanish before their mission. Yesterday when we practiced with the Latinos, we commited them to baptism. I can tell we are learning Spanish with El Don de Lenguas. I was able to understand almost all of the devotional last night. I can't always understand the hermanas when they are talking about random things because I don't know their words as much as I know church words.
I feel like I just told you all this because we just had email time before lunch. I'm sorry it is repetitious. I did forget to tell you this, though--you're not supposed to send me packages because customs fees and taxes are so expensive. It's better to put money in my account. I'm dying for real sugar, though--oatmeal creme pies, snickers, peanut butter cup ice cream--to die for!
I have great news though, my elbow pits have never been sweaty. In fact, I don't sweat much at all unless we're have actividad fisica.
If I can buy an SD card, I want to send mine home so you can have the pictures, so I'll see what I can do.
Amor y besos,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment