


Dear family,
I'm glad everything went well in the youth conference. The refreshments are the most important part, so good job Mom. This week I have fully enjoyed living in a third world country. For p'day last week we ended up going to the casa de la perricholi, some sort of opera singer that grew up around here. It was really chinzty, but it was fun to go out of town. We traveled in a bus, which was the size of a minivan, with 26 people inside. Also this week we were without electricity for a few days and without water for a few days. Tell Brother Thompson that I have had the opportunity to walk through sewage water on more than one occasion. It was never very deep though. Our investigators that were progressing have stopped progressing for various reasons, and we are working on helping those that can stil be helped and looking for more. We had an activity in Amarilis that went really well. Every active family was in charge of delivering an invitation to an inactive family, and it worked really well. My companion and I spoke on putting the most important things first. I think I'm getting pretty good at speaking. One of the inactive families we have been working with is going to get married next week. Then, the dad will receive a calling, and we are working on helping them prepare for the temple. It's exciting to see them progress. Tomorrow we have zone conference with the new mission president. I'm excited to meet him and be trained. This week there was a national paro against the governemnt. Nobody went to work, no one opened their tiendas, and there was no traffic. In the morning all the workers from outside of town marched in and got together and marched around town chanting, el pueblo unido jamas serĂ¡ vencido. It was pretty tranquil here, but in other parts, especially in Lima, there are a lot of problems. I enjoyed it because I slept well without the noise from the traffic and everyone was in their house. Because it takes so long to load the pictures I don't have much time to write, and haven't read the other letetrs yet. Thanks for your love and support.
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment