


Dear family,
Thanks for your letter. It sounds like everyone had a lot of fun at the reunion. I'm glad everything went well. I would like to go to Alaska sometime...Today I sent some real pictures home, so look for my letter. Today for our p'day we might hike up one of the cerros. If we do, I'll send some pictures of that.
Yesterday church was great. Two of our branches meet at the same time, and we usually just stop in at one to see who came, but yesterday we went to the whole sacrament meetting of that branch, and I taught part of the Relief Society lesson about visiting teaching. Home teaching and visiting teaching is lacking here, and because there are so many inactive members, it is really needed. Sometimes the members just need someone to tell them to go to church, and the missionaries can't visit all the inactives to invite to church again. We are going with the Relief Society two days this week to visit people.
In the little branch that meets later, we had a training meeting about missionary work, and the branch president brought empanadas for everyone. They were so good, especially because we had been fasting. In our barrios we had 5 investigators at church, and finally, a family! The family of the lady whose brother just left for the mission came, and it made me really happy. The problem is that they aren't married, but we talked to them yesterday about that, and I think the husband is willing to get married so his wife can be baptized. The husband is going to need more time to before he is ready to be baptized.
We haven't met the new president yet, but today we all received letters from him. He answered all our weekly letters personally. He wrote to me that he felt my sweet spirit when he read my letter. I hope that's a good thing.
About my cell phone, you can drop the contract if you want. When I get back, I want to look for a cheaper contract. And the phone is pretty old and beat up anyway, so I don't care about that. The only thing is that I think I might want some of the numbers in my phone.
Thanks for your love and support. I know that the church is true, and that I am here doing the Lord`s work and will.
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment