Sorry, but again, my letter got deleted, so here is a short one. I sent a letter in the mail today with a couple things, so look for that.
This week we had the baptism of Emanuel, a kid, and the wedding of the menos activo family. It was interesting to see the different traditions. Later I'll send pictures of the wedding and the baptism because now I don't have time. Next Sunday the father is going to receive his calling in the church, which is going to be counselor to the branch president. It's been great to see the changes the Gospel has made in their lives.
Our other investigators are progressing well. In August, if I don't get transferred, I will finally have baptisms of adults and families.
Here is a quick funny story. I had finished teaching about baptism to Emanuel and his 8 year old nephew, and my companion started talking about confirmation. She said after you are baptized by water, you will be baptized by fire. The boys looked at each other in fear and astonishment, then looked at me. My companion just kept talking, but I started laughing. Their eyes were so wide.
Thanks for your love and support.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment