Dear Mom,
Thanks for your letter. I have been feeling better, but I still haven't got the package that you sent. I am in desperate need of knee highs. I got Jo's letter and sent her one, and today I got a letter from Emily and Preston, written two months ago and sent one month ago.
We had zone conference this past week with President Leyva. A 70 came, Elder Tavarret, with his wife, and Hermana Leyva came also. It was really good, and Elder Tavarret taught us some principles from Preach my Gospel to help us, especially how to work with the members. President Leyva told us that in the last training meeting for new mission presidents, President Monson spoke and said that missionaries should stay in one area for at least 7 or 8 months. That means that I'll only have 2 areas my entire mission. So, I am settling in for a long stay here in Huanuco. The purpose is mostly to gain the confidence of the members. Since the prophet said it, yeah, I won't complain, but it's hard to stay a long time in one area with the same companion. We didn't have interviews because the 70 came, and we are going to have them this week or the next week.
The kids here had their winter vacation the past couple of weeks, and now things are back to normal. The anniversary of Huanuco was last week, but we didn't get to see any of it because our area doesn't include any of the actual town. That's pretty much all the excitement around here. Our investigators are not progressing very well, but we are working with them and trying different things.
This week we have been fulfilling the prophecy of Jer 16:16. We have hiked way up to the last houses to teach people. To get to one house we had to climb up a gully. It was fun though because we found a monkey (a pet, not wild) on the way to the house. The scripture says that the hunters will hunt in all the cracks and crannies, and they will find. I have faith that there are people to be found even up on the mountains.
Yesterday the high counselor in charge of choir asked me to play the piano and teach choir until they can find a director to teach. I get to choose the songs and everything.
Thanks for the update on the Olympics. Nobody here cares about who wins because Peru doesn't win at anything, but they like to watch. In the letter from Em and Preston, Emily told me that the Wimbledon final was really exciting.
Thanks for you love and support. I know you are being blessed for supporting two missionaries.
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment