Dear family,
I don't know when you are going to check your email because you are traveling. I hope the trip is uneventful. Your trip sounds really long, but fun. I have an assignment for Janet. I want her to check and see if the WRI is still in existence at 1063 JFSB. I had a dream that the WRI sent me a package, and I felt bad because I haven't written to them and I said I would. It was definitely a dream though because there is no money in the WRI budget for sending packages to missionaries who turned down extra work time when they offered it.
I haven't gotten the package yet, but they didn't hand out mail yet today, so I still have hope. Last week I bought two pairs anyway because it was so bad. They don't go all the way up to my knee, and they are orange, but I'll make do with them until the package comes. The mail has been taking a long time to get here lately. I hope Casie starts liking Utah State. Hopefully her bishop in her singles ward will help her. The letter I got from her last week was great.
What is going on here? Not much. Edelmira, one of our investigators that we have been working with for a while is going to be baptized this week. It was a challenge teaching her because she is from a tiny village in the jungle, and doesn't remember hardly anything we teach. Plus, she had terrible dreams of a man strangling her and telling her not to get baptized among other fears. We did everything we could think of to work through her doubts and fears, and when we were about to give up, she accepted a baptismal date.
I was asked to play for and teach the stake choir for stake conference in November. The choir is a youth choir, mostly 12 and 13 year olds. We had our first practice yesterday, and it was harder than any other choir I've been a part of. They don't know anything about music, and they are 12 and 13 year olds. I've been trying to think of games or something primary style to teach them, but I can't remember any.
President Leyva has been changing some of the rules, and I like them. We used to have district meeting p'days, but now we have it Tuesdays. In place of the meeting Monday we have a time to clean our rooms and bathrooms. We have to send keys to our rooms to the office, and the president is going to come unannounced to check our rooms someday. I don't mind because I keep everything neat and clean. The 70 who came for zone conference sent a list of words that the missionaries aren't allowed to say anymore, mostly slang, and said that we shouldn't have pictures of boys or boyfriends in our rooms. Most of the new rules made me laugh.
That's about all that is going on here. I realized that if I go home on time to go to school in the fall, I have less than a year left in the mission. Crazy, huh? I love you all!
Love, Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment