Dear Family,
Thanks for your letters Mom. I am sad that I didn't get my package of knee highs this week, nor anything from Jennifer. I'll have to save my one pair of knee highs without runs for zone conference Thursday. I did get a very nice letter from Casie. Can you have Janet send me her address at Utah State? Wow, I finally found the question mark key.
Not much has changed in our area or in the zone. We found out that the mission president didn't transfer any of the sister missionaries this last transfer. It gets a little tiresome to work in the same area with the same companion, but we keep working. I read Jo's tirade, and I am thankful that at least my companion is willing to work and is mostly obedient. Our investigators are progressing, but we can't get them to take the last step and get baptized. We got a new district leader, and he suggested some things to try with them, so we'll do that. I really want to see them get baptized this month. We have 2 who can be baptized any moment as soon as they accept a baptismal date (one with 3 kids older than 8), and two that want to be baptized but falta matrimonio.
I realized that the Olympics are going on. One day our pensionista left the television on while we were eating, so we saw a little of men's gymnastics. It made me think of the times we watched the Olympics together and followed all the events and also how we played gymnastics all the time in the backyard. Let me know if anything exciting happens in the Olympics.
I felt good almost the whole week, so that's encouraging. Today my stomach has been hurting some. Maybe I feel worse Mondays because we eat late Sundays. Don't worry Mom, if things don't get better, Thursday when Hermana Leyva comes, I'll talk to her about it.
This letter is kind of short, but I don't have that much to write. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well, and that Janet is working. I'll write to her one of these days, probably at her BYU address. Thanks for your love and support.
Love,
Sarah
Thanks for your letters Mom. I am sad that I didn't get my package of knee highs this week, nor anything from Jennifer. I'll have to save my one pair of knee highs without runs for zone conference Thursday. I did get a very nice letter from Casie. Can you have Janet send me her address at Utah State? Wow, I finally found the question mark key.
Not much has changed in our area or in the zone. We found out that the mission president didn't transfer any of the sister missionaries this last transfer. It gets a little tiresome to work in the same area with the same companion, but we keep working. I read Jo's tirade, and I am thankful that at least my companion is willing to work and is mostly obedient. Our investigators are progressing, but we can't get them to take the last step and get baptized. We got a new district leader, and he suggested some things to try with them, so we'll do that. I really want to see them get baptized this month. We have 2 who can be baptized any moment as soon as they accept a baptismal date (one with 3 kids older than 8), and two that want to be baptized but falta matrimonio.
I realized that the Olympics are going on. One day our pensionista left the television on while we were eating, so we saw a little of men's gymnastics. It made me think of the times we watched the Olympics together and followed all the events and also how we played gymnastics all the time in the backyard. Let me know if anything exciting happens in the Olympics.
I felt good almost the whole week, so that's encouraging. Today my stomach has been hurting some. Maybe I feel worse Mondays because we eat late Sundays. Don't worry Mom, if things don't get better, Thursday when Hermana Leyva comes, I'll talk to her about it.
This letter is kind of short, but I don't have that much to write. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well, and that Janet is working. I'll write to her one of these days, probably at her BYU address. Thanks for your love and support.
Love,
Sarah

No comments:
Post a Comment