Dear Family,
Surprise, I got transfered again. I am now in Canto Grande, barrios Begonia and Santa Fe. It's a lot different from Huanuco and from
Tilda, more city, and the area is huge. I don't know where I am most of the time, so I just follow my companion around. She doesn't really know the area very well either, so we've gotten lost a few times. You definitely don't need to worry about me losing weight. The pensionista here distributes baked goods like cake, alfajores, cake rolls, cookies, and a bunch of other junk. She lets us eat whatever we want, whenever we want. Plus, there is a McDonalds on the corner, a Dominos Pizza across the street, a SuperWalmart type store, and a movie theater nearby. One day she brought home Dunkin Donuts. Despite all this, I don't really like being in the city very much. My new companion is Hermana Távara, from El Callao, a part of Lima in the South. I love her, and we get along really well. She is a lot like me, but the Latin version. I have realized that I can't eat as much as I used to be able to, but my compy can eat and eat and eat. It's alright though, because she likes to run, so every morning we have gone running in a park nearby. Hna Távara completed 9 months in the mission the day after I got here, but we are going to end together in August.
I was a little sad to leave Tilda. The area is one of the better areas in the mission I think, and the ward supports the missionaries a lot. I was also sad to leave the zone, because we all got along really well. It was fun having other hermanas in the zone. But yeah, now I'm here in Canto Grande. The wards here are good too though. One is a small ward, and the other is really big.
It's sounds like everything is going well at home. It's too bad about BYU. Maybe next year they'll really be good. I got a letter from you Mom. It's starting to get hot here, and the sun is strong. I'm hoping that since I'm in this routine of transfering a lot, I'll get transfered to Huancayo for the summer where it's cooler and it rains a lot. I'm willing to stay there for a long time. But they say in the mission if you ask to go somewhere, you get the opposite. Does that go for sisters too? because the President really likes me, and might be willing to send me there if I ask.
Can you send me a few more recipes Mom? Now I'm in an area where it's possible to actually cook real food, and the pensionista was asking if I knew how to make a few things. I was thinking about making peanut butter cookies.
I managed to take a picture of the baptism we had, so I'll send it so you can see my new companion.
Love you lot,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment