Monday, November 10, 2008

Dear Family,
This was a really long week, but Sunday made up for it. The area is really big, and we have been walking a lot to try to get to know the area better, and plus we go running in the mornings for our exercise, so in the nights I am really tired, and my legs and feet hurt. Everyone we talk to gives us their address and we set up appointments, but they are never home, or they don't let us in, or they give us false addresses, so we spent some long days in the street. But yesterday we had a really good experience. After church we had an appointment before we went to lunch, but later the bishop invited us to branch council. We decided more important was the appointment even though all week we hadn't been accepted for a first discussion. We went and the lady let us in, was very receptive, and we taught one of the best lessons I've had. Also in church, the family we are teaching went, plus some members brought non members, some of whom are very interested. I guess the scripture about after the trial of your faith is true.

Hna Távara and I get along really well, and we are having fun despite the tough week. For pday last week we went to Barrio China, which I suppose is the Peruvian Chinatown. It was fun, but a little ironic that I have to go to Peru to go to Chinatown. I am enjoying the never ending feast of good things. This week we went to MCdonalds. It's across the street from our room. It was pretty much the same

Yesterday in church I almost started laughing during the closing prayer because the hermana who offered the prayer prayed that the Lord would touch the hearts of the government leaders in Peru because they don't work.

We were going to have zone conference this week, but it got postponed. I haven't asked Pdte Leyva about coming home for college transfers, but everyone I've talked to about it said that the hermanas can come home whenever they want, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Our internet time got cut to 30 minutes, so I probably won't send pictures or other letters much anymore. We now write to the president in the other 15 minutes. It's alright that you can't send clothes or knee highs. I bought two shirts this past week and new knee highs. You won't catch me at home wearing any of the clothes I bought, but in the mission, it doesn't seem to matter much as long as I look respectable. But you are welcome to send me the following- toffee, fudge, Butterfinger Jingles, shoe inserts if they are not considered clothing, my deo, other things you think I would enjoy. I got your letter with the stamps, and also a letter from Joanna with some pictures from her mission.

I love you all. and I'll keep the mentioned people in my prayers. I know the church is true, and the Lord takes care of us.

Love, Sarah

1 comment:

Joe said...

I think she's starting to speak Spanglish in her letters, she asked for a "deo"