Monday, November 24, 2008








Dear Mom,

I felt bad that I didn't send a real letter (I thought), so I went home and wrote a letter and sent it to you today. I assume you got the pictures yesterday. I forgot to write about what we did for pday (we went to the Catacombs in Lima), but that is what some of the pictures are from, and the others are of the baptisms we had this weekend. One of the girls is blind, and I've had fun teaching her. Also this week we have 3, hopefully 4 more. One of our planned baptisms for this weekend fell in one of the commandments, and we were pretty sad, but that evening, we had this experience. One of our investigators is guy who has cancer, and is bedridden. All his kids and his wife are members, but he wasn't interested until he got cancer. Now he spends all day reading church books. He wouldn't accept a baptismal date. One day the reason he didn't want to get baptized was because life is so uncertain, and he could wake up tomorrow dead, and we tried to get him to understand that he should want to get baptised for that reason, but he didn't accept. Finally yesterday he just said in the middle of the lesson-I want to get baptized. Hopefully we can work things out so he can get baptized before his surgery. Also, we have been visiting an old investigator, and something happened to her that made her want to repent and change, so we put a baptismal date on her as well. She said to us-do you really think I could be like you two? I felt like saying-I'm just me, you don't want to be like me, but I realized she saw in us the blessings that the gospel brings.

This week is Thanksgiving. I am thinking about making a pie for the pensionista and family, and I hope I can find the stuff to do it and I can do it well. It makes me laugh that Joanna is complaining about eating McDonalds for Thanksgiving. McDonalds is luxury.

I love you lots, and I am excitedly hoping to receive the packages. And I was able to open the pictures. I'm glad everyone had fun. And I hope Dad enjoys all his new toys and the new job.

Love,
Sarah

No comments: