Hi Mom,
Yeah, p-day was changed to today. I'm glad everything is good with Shannon and the baby, and that the YSA party went off well. My pensionista really liked the Crystal light drink mix things you sent in my christmas package, and so if you are going to send a package, maybe you could throw in a container of drink mix, if it doesn't weigh too much.
Exciting news-My comp has a cambio de emergencia, and is going to Huanuco. I am getting a new companion Saturday, and I am going to train. I heard she is from the US, which is out of the ordinary because almost always Latinos train North Americans. No one seems to know why a new hermana is coming in the middle of the transfer. I'm a little nervous, but excited.
Other than that, we just keep working. We worked normally yesterday, even though nobody would listen to us. They have strange new years traditions here including wearing yellow underwear, burning dolls made of old clothes and eating 12 grapes at midniught. But the worst tradition is the firecrackers. I didn't sleep very much last night. Luckily it started to rain in the middle of the night, so most people went inside.
We are changing our room, which is exciting. Our room now is about the size of your bedroom at home , plus a tiny bathroom. We are going to have a little more space in the new room, plus we will live near a corn field, which makes me feel right at home But I will miss our neighbors, the sheep that live next door. It's been raining a lot, so all the roads are muddy. We only have like 2 paved roads in the area, so we are always walking through the mud.
Tomorrow we have interviews, and Saturday we have a baptism. All of December we worked trying to find investigators, and hopefully we will have a lot of baptisms this month.
I don't really have much to write, but yeah. I love you lots,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment