Monday, January 26, 2009

Dear Family,
Happy Birthday Dad! and Joanna!

Thanks mom for doing those things or me. Hna Clariza got the pictures, but couldn't open the music. But if it is avaialble from the church website, maybe they can just get it from there. And I told President Leyva that I decided that I want to end in August, so now he has to figure out the procedure for that. Other than that things keep going. It is still really rainy, but instead of boots (too expensive) I bought an alpaca wool sweater. That thing is warm! and it only cost 26 soles.

We have been working really hard to get the members to give us references and support us more, and it is finally paying off. This week we had 8 references from members, which is more than I've ever had in one week. The work is kind of slow these months because everyone travels, and those who don't travel have people over at their house, but with the help of the members, things are picking up. We also got a new ward misionary leader, the brother of the pensionista's husband. He just got off the mission, so he is happy to work. For three weeks in a row we had talks about la obra misional. I hope the members don't get tired of hearing about it.

In other news...last week I ate pizza, and it was good. Since we are both Americans, we taught the pensionista how to make pancakes and french toast. The french toast isn't that good because she doesn't want to use that much egg and milk, so it's bascially toast with a little bit of egg in the middle. But I found syrup in Plaza Vea, so it is still good. Also, I bought a live chicken in the market the other week. It lives in the pensionista´s yard. I named it after Janet. I am raising it so that before I leave this area, we can make pachamanca, a traditional dish here, cooked in the ground on rocks. It kind of reminds me of Janet because it eats everything. Today it got into the pot with the dogs´food and water and it got all wet and dirty.

Thanks for everything you do for me.
Lots of love from,
Sarah

No comments: