Monday, January 5, 2009

Dear Family,

Things are going well. This week we had a lot going on. Friday we had our interviews with the president, and it took all day. That night Hna Almidon left to go to Huanuco. They opened two areas for Hermanas in Huanuco. A group of missionaries headed to Santa Cruz Bolivia got sent here instead, so our mission received more missionaries. Saturday my new companion came. Her name is Hna Garrison, and she is from Connecticut. She is great, and we have a lot in common, but best of all, she wants to work.. She went to BYU and was majoring in English and minoring in Spanish, so she speaks pretty well, even though learning in school and the things they actually say here are two very different things. Saturday night we had a baptism to welcome her.

It has been raining almost every day, and it´s a little hard to work when it rains, unless we have appointments. I am thinking of buying a pair of boots since I left mine in Huanuco thinking I would never use them. But it´s really muddy and every day my feet get wet.

We also moved this week. Now we have two rooms and a bathroom, so it's like living in luxury. THe problem is that we don't have water from 6 to 11 at night. But everything else is good. They painted the rooms nice colors for us.

Today I got a load of mail including a package from the Murrays! I also got a letter from a little boy who was my friend in Canto Grande saying he missed me, and a letter from Hna Tavara saying that our investigators there got baptized including a family of 4, and that the son of the pensionista got sick when I left because he missed me so much. I feel loved.

That´s about it. I love you lots.
Sarah

No comments: