Dear Family,
This week has been good. We had a special conference for investigators where the stake president spoke to the investigators of the whole zone, and then after we had a baptism. We have an investigator, Nelson, who works in a mine in Cerro de Pasco, and only comes every two or three weeks for two days. He was here this weekend and we worked really hard so that he could be interviewed by the district leader and the stake president, and be baptized the next day. But, the stake president wants to wait more time, so he isn't going to be baptized for at least three weeks when he returns. We also have an investigator ready to be baptized, but her Dad is telling her to think hard and be sure before you get baptized. She is going to get baptized soon though.
Yesterday I spoke in church about la obra misional. I had 15 minutes, and I think I did a good job because we have received about 5 references from members since then. One of the biggest things I've learned on the mission is the importance of members. Do all you can to support the missionaries in the ward, especially helping to find people to teach. I had gotten out of the habit of speaking in church because in Lima I only spoke once.
My companion had to go to Lima today because she doen't have a visa for Peru. I am scrambling trying to find members to stay with until she gets back Wednesday or Thursday. I miss her because it´s fun to have an American companion. Plus it's hard to be without a companion, especially for such a long time.
I don't really have time to send pictures anymore, but I have a whole bunch to send home. I am thinking of burning a cd and sending it home. How does that sound?
Today I got a box from my roomies, and I got two letters from you, one is the stamps (thanks) and the picture of Afton.
By the way, Arequipa is on the same transfer schedule as my mission, so I am going to come home with Roland Fuller. At least, that's the plan right now.
I forgot, but can you send me the recipe to make toffee? In the package from the Murrays, they sent peanut brittle, and the pensionista and her family liked it a lot.
I love you all, and I am glad everything is going well at home.
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment