Monday, March 23, 2009

Dear family,

This week was like a rollercoaster. We had 4 baptisms-David and Elizabeth, and Sheyla and Olenka. The baptism of David and Elizabeth was the best servicio bautismal that I've had yet in the mission. I wish I could send the pictures, but my companion keeps using the computer with the USB drive. But maybe today I can print some off and send them to you tomorrow snail mail.

So, last week...on Tuesday we went to the church for district meeting like usual. After waiting forever, the ZLs came without the keys. So all the elders went to the apartment of the ZLs, and they just dismissed us to go home. So we went to centro to pay the telephone.

Wednesday was David and Elizabeth's baptism. It was great. But walking home afterwards I started feeling sick again. Wednesday night and Thursday and some of Friday and Saturday I felt gross, but not as bad as the last week. But now I feel fine again. We made no bake cookies, and they turned out exactly how they should. So that was happy.

Saturday we had the other baptism. Sheyla is a teenager with whom we have been working since December. She went her Grandma's house for vacations, and when she got back she wanted to get baptized. And then last Sunday we went to talk to her about her baptism, and she goes "oh, there is something I want to tell you about my baptism." We gasped and held our breath and she said, "My little sister wants to get baptized too." So we baptized both of them. And their nonmember Mom came to the baptism. But even though we were happy for the baptisms, we were sad because there was another girl who was going to get baptized, but chickened out in the end because of her family. She had her interview and everything, even came the night of the baptism but refused to get baptized.

Sunday, none of our investigators came to church, which is super disappointing because we've had around 10 for the last month. But in the evening, Richard, a 21 year kid finally accepted a baptsimal date. 15 mintues before we had to go home, it started thundering and pouring. Hna Clariza told us to take a taxi, but it is only a 10 minute walk, and we aren't going to pay for a taxi when it's so close, so we walked. Actually we ran. It was raining so hard that even the taxi's weren't moving. And we were a little afraid that we were going to get struck by lightning because we were in the middle of nowhere with our umbrellas. The lightning was right over our head. But we made it home, drenched. Water was leaking in our bathroom, it was dripping from the light bulb, but we cleaned it all up in the morning. Apart from the rain, we are a little annoyed because the seventh day adventist church behind our house has had all night vigils for two nights in a row. They include someone haranguing, people yelling, and singing. We don't enjoy that at 4:00 in the morning, and we are glad that we know the true church.

This week we have zone conference and interviews, and then we have two more baptisms, a mom and her daughter. The grandparents were going to get baptized too, but we found out that the grandpa is married to his first wife still and conviente with his second wife. So we need to work that out before they can get baptized.

That's about it. I hope Shannon had a good birthday, and Afton too. And I hope Janet finds a place to live. But it doesn't matter that much where you live, as long as you can afford it and the ward is alright. But I'm happy that my friends have found me a place to live.

Wow, this is probably the longest letter I've ever written. And Mom, you were afraid I wouldn't write very much. I love you all. Thanks for your love and support.
Sarah

No comments: