Dear Mom,
Thanks for writing to me. Tell Jenae and Liz that whatever they find is fine. But I would like to know the address to know sort of where it is.
This week was exciting. I celebrated my year mark by getting really sick, but don't worry, Mom, I'm better. It was a stomach infection. We had important appointments so we kept working, but when I almost passed out we went home and I slept until the next day. I did lose more weight, and my clothes were starting to fall off, but since I started eating again, I gained a little back. It didn't help that the next day it was really cold and rainy all day, and most of our appointment fell through. So we were outside wet and cold. Wow, I never thought you would tell me to eat up. But don't worry, I usually eat a lot, and I have a feeling that when I get home, I'll gain a lot of weight back.
Saturday David and Elizabeth got married. The elders set up the place where the wedding was going to be, and when we went in, we regretted trusting them. It was in the back of a seafood restaurant owned by members. they had set up a multi-colored canopy in case it rained, and there were plastic lawn chairs for the invitees. It smelled like fish, and you could hear them cooking throughout the ceremony. Elizabeth was crying. She said it was because her mom couldn't get there because of the mudslides over the road to Hunacayo, but I don't think the location helped. But the important thing is that they got married. After we went to the church for a little reception, and after that, they went to their house for a reception with more of the family. They are going to get baptized Wednesday.
This week is going to be really full. We have 5 baptisms planned, 2 Miercoles and 3 Saturday. And we need to start looking for people that are going to get baptized in April.
The mission office changed. Now it's actually in the misison. It's close to the temple and the CCM. Here´s the new address:
Mision Peru Lima Este
Los Agrologos 368
Urb Las Acacias de Monterrico
La Molina
Lima 12
PERU
I have some good pictures to send, so some time soon I'll get them to you somehow. They include the wedding, me with Janet the chicken, and me wearing the miner suit that Hna Clariza's husband used when he worked in the mine. I decided a miner's life is not for me.
I love you guys lots,
Sarah
Commentaries on Jo's letter.
WE didn't meet the 308 goal- only 294. But we did our part.
Is there a car for me when I get home?
And I forgot to tell you this. I got stoned the other day. The persecution here is not the type I was expecting. But really, a kid threw rocks at me, and didn't miss.
No comments:
Post a Comment