Dearest Family,
Thanks for always wriing to me Mom. I hadn't got my flight plans yet, but I assume they will give me them today. The flight to Atlanta is long. Good thing I have my crossword puzzle book to keep me entertained. I am excited to come home. I was planning on sending a menu for the week I'll be home, but today they announced that pouch ceased its existence, and they returned all letters written in the last two months. Sorry Jenae, I wrote you a really good letter, but I'll just read it to you in a month when I'm back out in Utah. But my first night, I request taco salad and corn on the cob and ice cream. And one night a barbecue and/or campfire. I have a whole list, but I don't have time to type it all up. I have another request too. I want to watch the episodes of the Office that I have missed in the mission, so if you could somehow get a hold of that, I will be happy staying up all night with a bowl of peanut butter cup ice cream, and the office.
The picture from the reunion is good, and I was surprised at how big the little cousins are. I guess it's been awhile since I've seen some of them. We keep working. My companion is sometimes overly excited and doesn't want to stop working to eat dinner, but I make us eat dinner because the first time we skipped it she started complaining about how hungry she was. We had a baptism this week, a 17 year old named Anthony. He was an investigator for a long time, and finally got baptized. This week we have another planned, Carlos. He met the missionaries in Novmber, but had a hard time giving up alcohol. He is clean now, and is excited to finally get baptized. They will both be good members, and they will help their respective branches where priesthood holders are lacking.
In other news, my last pàir of shoes broke today. I fixed them up sort of with a needle and tread, but I don't know of they will hold out three more weeks. Hopefully they will, because I'm not going to buy another pair to go home. I'll just wear my sneakers with my skirt.
The gripe porcina is raging here in Peru. They extended winter vacations for all students, and they are canceling church youth activities, and in some places church. I was embarrased because I had a cold, and was coughing and sneezing in church, and everyone noticed. They have put fliers all over about how if you have a cough you shouldn't leave your house, but I'm a missionary, and it wasn't the swine flu, just a cold. I'm afraid I'm going to get the dreaded illness and they won't let me go home.I got my letter about my after mission goals. The list is extensive, including a list of qualities I want in my future husband. Everyone is teasing me that I'm going to get married fast, and I don't know why.
Also this week we are going to have my last zone conference. They are working on sending the missionaries assigned to Bolivia back there, plus a big group is finishing, so the mission is going to be lacking missionaries.
Thanks for your love and support,Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment