Monday, August 3, 2009

Dear Family,We are having a lot of success now in the area. We had a baptism this week, Carlos. Carlos met an elder and a member of the branch in an activity of knocking doors. Since then (November), 3 members of his family have gotten baptized while he got over his alcohol addiction. He was really happy to finally be able to get baptized. We have a baptism planned for this week, and 6 planned for my last weekend in the mission. Hopefully all of them will be able to get baptized. Our zone finished first in the mission, but all the zones were way under average.

We keep working, working, working. We are planning activities in the wards for my last weekend, one a talent show, and the other some sort of game night. What talent could I share? I was thinking an encore performance of Will I wait for you, but nobody would understand. They'll probably want me to play the piano, which I don't want to do. I don't mind playing Sundays because if there is no piano, they just sing their own tune. Yet again we sang Before thee Lord, I bow my head as a sacrament song. Apparently it is a country wide tradition. But they try to make it more reverent by singing it really slow.

I got my flight plans and a schedule of the last days in the mission. A note I got said that the stake president should release me the same day I get home, and that it is mandatory to tell you that I'm coming home, so here: I'm coming home Wednesday August 19. Hopefully everything goes smoothly, because I saw that the layover in Detroit is only 30 minutes. Hopefully my suitcases and I can get to the next plane quickly.

Yes, I would like a sports pass. No one else has offered to sit by me, so I can sit with Janet at the football games. I was thinking we would go Thursday or Friday to go out to Utah. I guess earlier is alright, but I don't know when I can move into my house. Maybe someone could ask one of my friends. Also, do I have clothes at home? I can't remember what I left, but if I give everything away here, and I don't have any at home, we will have to do a lot of shopping. That could be in part in Utah, except that I don't have any money. I'm praying to be able to find a good job. A member here offered me a job involving buying stuff and sending it to Peru in small scale.

Oh, I got two packages today! One is from the deacons/Mickelsens and the other from the Murrays. Apparently there was some delay in receiving a bunch of packages sent to the mission. I was a little disgruntled because the mission is making me pay 34 soles to receive them, but then I saw that they cost $24 and $40 to send, so I can't complain.I walked into a cactus the other day. It hurt. Yesterday it was sunny from about 1:00 until 4:00. It was the first time I've seen the sun in days. All my belongings are wet due to the almost constant drizzle/coldness.

That's about it. I hope everything is going well at home. I am praying that Joanna can find a job. Why doesn't she write to me? Or is she mad at me because I said Janet's letters were better? It's just that she wrote about mission stuff and Janet wrote about normal stuff.

I love you all,Sarah

No comments: