Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Food

This year I am thankful for food. Not that I wasn't thankful before, but my thanks is even deeper this year. Why? Here in the United States we have great food, and lots of it. We live in a land where milk and honey flow. After living in a land where I ate foods very different than what I was used to and then after not having gone grocery shopping for weeks in anticipation of the trip home, I am very thankful for good food. As my roommates were planning their Thanksgiving foods, I thought of what I was looking forward to:
pumpkin pie
turkey
stuffing
mashed potatoes (without cinnamon)
gravy
pecan pie
cranberry sauce
cherry pie
sweet potato casserole
relish plate
rolls
ice cream

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Sarah, what is a relish plate? Have I been missing out on something cool and thanksgivingish all my life? It sounds fancy :)