Ode to Split
When I was seven we got two kitties
One named Spunky and one named Splitty
One stormy night Spunky wandered astray
Leaving Split to get her own way
Split grew up and and was a lot of fun
Even Dad's approval she had won
She traveled, hunting all over the county
Rabbits, squirrels, and Stormy were the bounty
To litters of kittens she gave birth
Her purpose fulfilling, she filled the earth
Fluffy, Tigger, Runty, and Patches
Were the first of her many batches.
After the move in the closet she hid
Lest Girlie annoy her, Heaven forbid!
She ruled the house in her queenly way
Stepping outside to enjoy a fine day
"She was a good cat," even Dad will admit
So, rest in peace, our dear Miss Split
4 comments:
Hey, only I'm allowed to write odes!
It was pretty decent.
I guess I don't need to post my obituary now.
I'm so glad that both Tigger and Patches got mentions in the ode.
Thank you for spelling Girlie correctly. That made the ode that much more special.
This was an amazing ode Sarah. I'd say it's almost as good as mine was. Way to go. :)
Post a Comment