Thursday, March 25, 2010

Smiles

The other day I was walking to the Wilk, and I passed a girl carrying a Creamery bag walking towards the JFSB.    All the sudden, she flashed me...the Mom Smile!  I hadn't seen it for such a long time, I almost started laughing out loud.  Many Sundays when Mom was sitting up on the stand leading the music, Janet and I would try to make her look at us and smile.  Usually we got a Mom Smile back.   It looks something like this

but with squintier eyes.  Or this


but imagine Mom sitting up on the stand in Mt. Vernon.

Janet and I have missed out on the Mom smiles since she is not looking down at us every Sunday from the stand.  So we try to give each other the Mom Smile.

     
Yes, we miss the Mom Smiles, and we miss Mom.  Love you Mom!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

:) That's a Mom smile.

Shannon said...

Hilarious. I'll have to keep my eye out for more of these smiles.