Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Preference

Last weekend was Preference here at BYU.  I didn't ask Brian, and he wasn't too disappointed, but we might have missed out on some really great dances.  There were four, literary-themed dances, with appropriate dress suggested, but not required.  Here are the dance descriptions in order of how much I like (or in the last case hate) the books/authors.

Jane Austen Dance
-Dinner
-Dance instruction
-Live string quartet
-Parlor games
-Carriage rides

Harry Potter Dance
-Professor Trelawney booth
-Trivia game with prizes
-Costume contest
-"Snogging" Booth (is that BYU appropriate?)
-Gnome throwing

Dr. Seuss Dance
They put the same description as the Harry Potter dance, so I'll make up my own highlights:
-Green eggs and ham refreshments
-Bow tie and hat contest
-Cat-in-hat party favors

Great Gatsby Dance
-Dry bar
-Mocktails
-BYU Ballroom Dance Company showcase of 20s dancing

It's a shame we didn't go to any of them because I could have worn this for the Great Gatsby dance:

or this for the Harry Potter dance:

Or Brian could have worn this for the Jane Austen dance:


We had a good weekend despite missing out on all the preference fun.  Maybe later I'll put up a picture of what we actually did.  Janet...I hope you're planning for next year's Preference.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hmm. I feel very out of the loop. Who is Brian??

Margaret said...

Why would Janet go to something you wouldn't even go to?

Janet said...

How do you know I didn't go this year (as Harry's firebolt)?

Shannon said...

I think you should go to the next dance dressed up as those things. Who cares if it's not the theme. Make a statement! ;)