Monday, January 24, 2011

What?!

Last week I had a great job interview.  After interviewing with one guy, the rest of the team came in.  I had applied online and each of the team members had printed off my resume and my application.  After introducing themselves, one guy handed me the online application I had filled out and said, "Why don't you look over your answers to these questions.  Sometimes the computer changes answers somehow."  I took the papers and looked through the answers, which were basic application things like name, address, education, former work experience.  Everything was correct until I got to this question:

Have you ever been convicted of a crime?   Y   N
If yes, please explain below:

It was marked yes!  I was almost laughing when I said, "Uh, I've never been convicted of anything."  The guy looked relieved and  said,  "We were wondering about that, especially because you hadn't explained.  We didn't how to bring it up."  Ha! I don't know whether I mismarked it online or whether it really did get changed somehow.  Anyway, they kindly offered to let HR know of that change in my application.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Haha, oh man. It makes me wonder what sort of mistakes have shown up on all my job applications. I'm glad they cleared that up! I bet they were thinking - is this nice girl really capable of committing a crime?

Shannon said...

Whatever you closet felon. ;0

Tracy said...

Don't worry Sarah, we won't tell anyone that you lied in the interview-its ok if you don't want to share about your jail house experiences with your hopefully new boss.

Janet said...

we learned in class you can't not hire people because they have been convicted of a crime. So feel free to commit a crime, you can still get a job.

Jordan said...

Did you get the job?

Nathan S. said...

Haha! That is really funny. I had an interview once where they asked me why I had been in so many types of jobs and why I kept changing jobs. I was a little confused and then they asked me to talk to them about the jobs I had in the medical field. I told them I had never had a job in the medical field and then we figured out that they had someone's resume stapled to the back of mine.