Wednesday, May 23, 2012

We don't have too much news to report. Brian has been super busy finishing up a big project at work and trying to keep up with the tons of activities and meetings that come with the Young Men and Scouts. I've been  doing stuff around the house, working on a couple craft projects, and baking our little bun.


One thing we finally got done was painting our bedroom and bathroom. They were the last rooms downstairs to get a fresh coat of paint. The color of our room wasn't horrible like some of the other paint choices in the house, but it was darker than I wanted and like every surface in the house when we bought it, covered in grodies and smears of unknown substances. Now it's much lighter and brighter and clean. The bathroom is now a solid color instead of the cool two-tone paint job covered in hairs that was also really gross. The bedroom is now light blue/gray and the bathroom is beige. The bedroom color didn't turn out like what I had planned in my mind, but I like it. Brian still isn't too sure about it.



We also planted our garden. This year we planted beans, broccoli, cucumbers, and zucchini from seed, and tomatoes, onions, and green peppers from plants. Only one cucumber came up, but everything else is doing well.


I try not to turn the oven on when it's hot so that we don't have to run the air conditioning, but I did make these cornbread muffins on a 90 degree day.


Janet, the cornbread expert declared them good. They are nice and sweet like I like, and they use quite a bit of cornmeal, unlike the Marie Callendar recipe. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's my favorite corn muffin recipe too!