While the weather was warm, we increased the size of our garden and planted some colder weather vegetables. We don't have a rototiller, so we used a shovel and a pickax to dig up the lawn where we extended the garden. It was a lot of manual labor, made more difficult because of a leaky sprinkler head that Brian fixed.
Camille continues to be really cute and get into trouble. She learned to like being outside, and now always wants to either go upstairs and deshelve the DVDs and pull on cords, or go outside. She spends a lot of time hanging on the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs or standing at the sliding glass door looking outside. Yesterday Brian went out to play basketball, and Camille tried to follow him out. I put her up so she could watch out the window, and she kept banging on the window. Finally, I bundled her up, put her in the stroller, and put her out by the basketball hoop. She loved it. (And I got stuff done.)
![]() |
| I know she's tiny in this picture, but she has a huge grin on her face. |
Brian is keeping busy with work and Young Men. Yesterday he had to be at work at 3:30 AM for a baseball game. And then the baseball game was cancelled.
I've been working on some spring cleaning. I made a big list of cleaning chores, and I've been trying to get one done a day. It's been going pretty well except that the harder, more tedious things are left. I've been wanting to learn something new and try things out of my comfort zone, and my latest exploit has been learning html. So far I can make a page with a heading and paragraphs using notepad as an editor. This is something that is way out of my comfort zone.
Holly caught a snake. After not helping with the kitchen mouse, she redeemed herself by getting this. I saw her poking around in the grass one afternoon, and the next time I looked out, she was standing guard over her prize.
And to end, here is an opinion question: Is it worth it to get a bike trailer? I've been watching craigslist/KSL classifieds for a good deal, but I want to be sure it would be a worthwhile investment. Comments appreciated.


6 comments:
Good job on the garden. You guys are awesome. So is Holly.
We just recently thrifted a bike seat. They are controversial, but we are pretty sure Russell will love it and Ben has promised not to crash with Russell in the seat.
PS. Do you guys have a boat in your driveway?
Neighbor's boat.
Yes, I agree Holly is a good cat!
We have a bike seat which makes it easier for a kid to see around while on the bike ride.
But if you have two kids the bike trailer is easier.
The bike seat is fun until they get a bit big for it.
Both options have pros and cons.
My sister has a bike trailer and she uses it a lot. It is nice because she has two kids and they take it when they go on trips like to the beach or camping. (Plus it is a great workout)
Post a Comment