Sunday, May 31, 2015

Camille's Birthday

Camille has been asking about her birthday since April when Owen and one of Camille's friends had birthdays. It was finally her birthday today. She asked me at least 4 times before church started if she could open her presents.

This is the face of a three year old


The 3 cake took two (well, 1 1/4) Bundt cakes. I made one a simple chocolate cake and the other this pumpkin caramel pound cake. SO GOOD. I made whipped cream cream cheese frosting for it, and I was in heaven tasting the cakes last night when I put the 3 together. The only problem was that Camille wanted a red cake, and after I put in all the red food coloring I had, it was still pink. When she saw it she was still happy with it because it had "star 'pinkles." I put the 3/4 leftover Bundt cake in the freezer with the leftover frosting so I can enjoy them on another occasion.


We could have given her anything and she would have been happy, but she did really like the doctor kit. Now she can give us pretend shots even more often.



Owen was grumpy because he didn't get enough nap.


Happy Birthday,  Camille!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Happy Birthday, Camille! Isn't that pumpkin cake SO good! I have been wanting it so many times, but have been good and not made it.