Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What to do on campus

The past few semesters I have had an hour between class and work. If I walk home I feel like I have to turn around and leave for work right away. I sometimes try to do homework, but I am not very productive when I know I don't have much time. So what do I do while I eat my peanut butter sandwich and wait to go to work? Here is Sarah's list of things to do on campus when you are bored:

1. Eat ice cream from Sugar and Spice (recommended flavors include peanut butter cup and graham canyon)
2. Go to the MOA. Currently showing is a Minerva Teichert exhibit
3. Go to a computer lab and surf the internet
4. Find free things. This includes food of all sorts (one week I got free food every day), t-shirts if you're lucky, all sorts of fliers, candy, pins and buttons, pens. If there is any sort of job fair, you are in luck
5. Play in the Eyring Science Center
6. Read the police beat and the letters to the editor in the Daily Universe
7. Easter week, look for the hidden eggs. We have yet to be successful in finding one, but we never lose hope
8. Go to a lecture or colloquium
9. Watch people. The best places are usually the Wilk and the southeast corner of the JFSB
10. Do the crossword puzzle or sudokus in the newspaper
11. Read the magazines in the bookstore. There are even chairs in the magazine section, so they must not mind too terribly
12. Walk around until you find someone to talk to, or if that fails, call someone

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Man, life is hard at BYU!

Ben S said...

I just sit an stare at the wall. No internet in the clinic, not enough people to watch nor school newspaper.

Margaret said...

Sounds like life is hard at SCO also!