Monday, June 2, 2008

Dear family

Thanks for your letter Mom, and for the recipes from the Mickelsons. I am doing well here. We are going to have a baptism this week of a 10 year old boy. His Mom is a member, but some of his family is a little anti, so he didn't get baptized at 8 years old. He bore his testimony in church yesterday, and it made me really happy. After the sacrament, the branch president stood up and said that there was time for everyone to bear their testimonies. We left to visit another branch, so we didn't, but I think everyone did. The keyboard is terrible, so i hope you can read this letter. We've been teaching boy who is 13 years old. We left him 3 Nefi 11 to read, and the next cita, when we asked him about it he told us exactly what happens in the chapter. I am excited for him to get baptized. If he goes to church this week, he will be baptized June 13. The people here will agree to do anything, but it's hard to actually get them to do it, especially go to church. I am looking for families to convert, but it's hard.

My knee, stomach and hip are all fine, Mom. It took about 2 weeks to get used to the food, but everything's fine. For some reason, my hands have been a little swollen latley, and I have had hives a little. If it gets worse, I'll worry about it, but for now, it doesn't bother me. Usually in the morning we have a hot drink, bread, and sometimes an egg or meat. Lunch is the big meal, and we usually have some sort of chicken with rice and potatoes. For supper, we have pan and chicken, usually leftovers from lunch. I am not used to the lack of sugar, so I am always craving cookies, ice cream, and sweet stuff. During the day if we are hungry we eat mandarinas, which are good. Last week. I had an ice cream cone, and it was so good.

Today President Lindstrom is coming with the new mission president for a conferencia and for interviews. I'm excited for that. Also I am going to give piano lessons and English lessons once a week. I'm fine with it, but I'm not sure how to give piano lessons to a group of youth with only one keyboard. Next week I am giving a talk in church on hermanamiento.

Congratualtions to Casie! I'm excited for her. Have Janet make sure that when she goes out to Utah she gets involved with her student ward.

Today I am going to try to mail a little package home. We get mail from the office every week, so I should get your letter soon. Also, I'll send pictures when I can. This week we are at a different internet place, and I can't send them. I might be able to print pictures today, and when I do, I'll send some home. And when I get stamps.

It's been a little cooler than usual, but I've enjoyed it. The people here think it's freezing and they wear coats, but it only gets down to probably 60 degrees.

I love you lots.
Sarah

No comments: