Dear family,
Thanks for your letters and support. I got the family newsletter, with the program from Casie's baptism and the stamps. Thanks for that. I also got Rachel's wedding announcement. My companion was impressed by it. I sent a letter to the Mickelsens and the Murrays this week.
We had two more baptisms this week of Julio and Aldaeir. They both went well except for that they both started an hour late. Everything here is always late, and it drives me crazy. I'm trying to get my companion to work on controlling the time of our citas so we are on time to the following ones, but it's hard. I took pictures at all the baptisms, and when we have a p day with our companions, I will have them printed. It's kind of expensive though, so if I can send them home, I'm going to try to do that.
After our three baptisms, we don't have any more investigators with a baptism date, so we are working hard on that. We contacted a woman, Medaly, whose brother just left for a mission, and we are teaching her and her husband (not married). I have high hopes for this family. They are very receptive because of the brother on the mission. We also got a reference today of a family with 4 kids and they are really married, so that's really exciting. We have about 5 people who want to get baptized but can't because they aren't married and for various reasons can't or won't get married.
I haven't started teaching English yet because no one came the first week, but the Elder that initiated the classes made some flyers and we announced it, so people should come this week. The piano lessons fell through, which is fine with me because the barrio that wanted me to do it only has a keyboard, and it's hard to play on anyway.
This past week I gave 5 or 6 talks in church and at various activities. I'm learning how to quickly put a talk together on any subject.
One of the branches we are in is having trouble getting people to church. In March they had 70 to 100 people attending, but now they only have 30 or so. We are trying to figure out how to help them more. We are going to plan an actividad because the activities bring a lot of people, but if any one has suggestions on what to do, let me know.
Oh, I wanted to tell you that my pensionista was going to make cui--guinea pig--yesterday, but the only cui avaiable was tough, so she didn't buy it. We did have a lovely dish of chicken gizzards, the colon I believe it was. They are impressed that I eat whatever they give me. Last week for pday we had hamburgers, and they were really good!
I love you all, and I know that the church is true.
Sarah
I haven't had more trouble with hives or swollen fingers. We did have fleas, but I think we took care of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment