Dear Family,
This week is cambios, but I am staying here with my companion. The time has flown by. I got the package! I haven't actually looked through everything because I just got it at zone conference. It was opened, so I hope all the candy is still there. Thanks so much Mom. I see that it involves clothing. I also got a letter from Janet, thanks Jan. I was going to download pictures because I have some really good ones, but my companion always uses the computer that accepts USB cords. Maybe next week. Or maybe I can actually print pictures today and send some home. I have the feeling that my scrapbook is going to be full of my boring letters. But I really do have good pictures of the baptisms, and with my friend the llama and the llamita.
This week was tough at the start. We didn't have any progressing investigators, but we worked hard. I have been a little sick with a cold and stomach problems, so that made it a little harder, but we were really blessed at the end of the week. We had 5 investigators at church, an improvement of 5 from last week, and 2 are going to be baptized this week because they already have asistencias at church. One of the others is Juan, a 20 year old. His girlfriend is a member, and he is interested in the church, but for the past month he couldn't attend church because of his work. He lost his job this past week and went to church yesterday, and now is progressing. The Lord moves in a mysterious way.
Since you mentioned about the food, we are going to have anticuchos for lunch today. They are cow heart kabobs, and I hear they are very good. Did I tell you about tokosh? It's a food special to Huanuco that is disgusting. I haven't tried it, but the smell makes me want to barf. Basically it involves letting potatoes rot in riverwater and then eating the gooey mess. I also have had passion fruit, and a fruit called guanĂ bana or something like that, and a fruit from the jungle that looks like a cherry tomato and grows in a pod.
This week we helped a nonmember wash, and I became more grateful for washing machines. We helped her wash by hand her kids' diapers. She had already done the dirtiest part, and I was still grossed out. This lady is 23 years old and has 5 kids. I think I am already too late to catch up, but maybe Janet could. She is from the jungle where they get married, (not really married though!) at 13 or 14.
Thanks for all your love and support, in words, thoughts, prayers, and packages.
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment