Dear family,
I´m going to write quickly so I can send pictures. The pictures are of me and my anticuchos, me and my llama friends, and the rama San Luis at the baptism of Celma.
Enjoy Alaska! I´m jealous that you all get to go. Also, I got a package from the Murrays. It was just a small package, but it cost 25 bucks to send. I'll be sure to write to them soon to thank them. I enjoyed the package from home so much. The skirt and the white shirt fit perfectly. The other one´s a little big, but maybe I´ll use it if I gain weight. I also enjopyed all the other stuff.
I got sicker during the week, and I had to call the ZL and he called the mission President´s wife. I was on some medicine to kill whatever was growing in my gut and I ate soup for two days, and now I´m better. The food in Peru is really hard on the NorthAmericans, and it´s not uncommon to have problems. But yeah, don´t worry about me, I´m fine. My pensionista is better than most of the others about food safety. We only drink water from Culligan type jugs, and we can´t ever eat strawberries, pork, lettuce, raw fish (ceviche) or anything off the streets. And by the way, there are alfajores, real ones'not packaged, and they are delicious.
We had the baptism of Celma yesterday, but the other joven didn´t get baptized. There is one guy, Guillermo, who goes to church every week with his daughter, and wants to get baptized, but he is separated from his wife and lives with another woman. A new divorce law is coming out in July, and he is planning on getting baptized in August. I´m excited because he is a stronger in the church than most of the members, and teh units are in desperate need of priesthood holders. Also, We are working with a family of menos activos so get them married, sealed, and the father receive the priesthood. They started reading the Book of Mormon and went to church yesterday. It made us so happy to see them with their two little kids in the church, and progressing towards the goals we set with them.
I know that the church is true, and I´m happy and healthy. Enjoy the reunion and send my saludo to the family. Love, Sarah
P.S. I think I still have my cut up t-shirts in a drawer somewhere for my t-shirt quilt...if you are bored. And I still got Carolyn´s letter.
Love, Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment