Dear Family,
Thanks for your letters and support. Congratualtions to Casie! Make sure when she goes out to Utah she gets involved in the student ward. Congrats to Janet for graduating. She made it after years of having to tell her to do her homework every night.
This week I had my first baptism, Jeanpierre Loyola Isidro, a ten year old boy. It was great to see a someone accept the gospel and get baptized. He was really excited, and he bore his testimony at the end really well. I am happy for him. Sometimes I get a little discouraged that we teach so many kids and youth when the branches here need strong members and priesthood holders, but then I think of all the members that say that they were baptized when they were youth.
We had a good experience this week when we were looking for a reference. We asked a family that was outside where it was, and we talked to them and they accepted an appointment for later in the week. I was excited because I am always looking for families to teach. When we went, it turned out that the Dad is a member, and he has a strong testimony. He wouldn´t tell us why he stopped going, but he was really glad we came, and we are going to continue working with him and his wife who is not a member. They aren´t marreid though, which is always a prolem with families. Also we have two more baptisms this week, a 9 year old boy, the cousin of the Jeanpierre, and a 14 year old boy. They are both good kids.
The conference with president Lindstrom was great. Sister Lindstrom came too, and that made me happy. The new president didn´t end up coming. I learned a lot and have a lot to work on.
This week there was a temblor in Huanuco, and a 5 point temblor in Lima. The one here was small, and didn´t do anything. It was more fun than anything else.
This week I got the card with the stamps, and a letter from Sister Murray and a bunch of Dear elders from you, whuich I haven´t read yet. Thanks for your letters. I am going to try to send pictures, but I have a slow computer, so I hope you get them.
I love you lots,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment