Sunday, August 23, 2009

Briq's: Home of the One Pound Cone



One of my favorite Scoresby traditions is ice cream. I missed it for a year and a half while I had to survive on water based ice cream. Since Wednesday, I have enjoyed a fine selection of American ice cream, including my two favorite flavors, butter pecan and peanut butter cup. While hard ice cream takes the cake (and at least once this week I enjoyed it with cake,) soft ice cream has a special place in my heart, especially, the Briq's one pound cone. Janet and I enjoyed this tradition many times, usually documented with a photo, and I was feliz to once again enjoy this Scoresby tradition, accompanied by the Clarks also. While I couldn't keep up with Dad in the afternoon jog around the neighborhood, I beat everyone in the eating of my one-pounder. In my mind, the Briq's one pound cone is the quintessence of Americanism.

So...on your mark, get set, eat!


2 comments:

Joanna said...

Good thing you were feliz to eat ice cream.

Megan said...

Sarah, it's so good to actually comment on your blog, rather than just read it and smile. I really enjoyed reading about your mission and all of your adventures.

Hopefully all is going well for you, and you are adjusting well to the American lifestyle, although it seems like you are doing well with the ice cream.

Love, Megan :)

By the way, you guys got me hooked on the office, so I laughed when you said that you wanted to watch all of the episodes in one of your letters.